1500# Bellows-Sealed Design
The Hammel Dahl Nuclear Sampling Valve is primarily intended for PWR applications requiring a bellows seal design. However, its compact/light weight design makes it an excellent choice for nuclear plant sampling valve applications wherever spatial constraints and/or weight limitations exist. Primary features and benefits include:
- Provided to ASME Section III, Class 1 requirements
- Compact piston actuator and body design for installation in areas with tight spatial constraints.
- Bellows-Sealed for PWR primary system applications.
- Secondary graphite packing provides back-up sealing in unlikely event of a bellows leak.
- Extremely short stroke to facilitate small sample requirements.
- Extremely short stroke permits the use of compact limit switches, reducing envelope size and weight (limit switches available as an option)
- Enhanced bellows design and material (Inconel 750) to provide extended service life without bellows failure.
- High closing thrust to assure positive shut-off.
- Hermetically-sealed body to bonnet joint to eliminate any external leakage that is characteristic of bolted-bonnet designs.
- Hardfaced seat and plug seating surfaces, precluding need for frequent servicing of valve to replace or renew seating surfaces.
- One-Piece Plug and Stem, simplifying design.
- Rugged construction designed to satisfy typical nuclear plant seismic requirements.
- Radiation-resistant piston seal materials
- Refined design based on decades of operating experience.
For a full specification sheet, please click here.